Human Resources Generalist
The Legal Aid Society of Cincinnati is a non-profit organization serving the greater Cincinnati area with a mission to resolve serious civil legal problems of low-income people, promote economic and family stability, and reduce poverty through effective legal assistance. Legal Aid has a staff of 100 including attorneys, paralegals, administrators, legal assistants and approximately 60% of the staff are represented by a union.
The Human Resource Generalist ensures that human resource programs support the short and long-term goals of Legal Aid. This position performs professional work related to human resource management, payroll, benefits, employee development and employee relations. This is an exempt, 40-hour work week position which reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, directs, and administers various human resource programs, including payroll and benefits.
- Facilitates employee relations with insightful, excellent communication, and conflict resolution skills.
- Has primary responsibility for providing employee orientation, payroll enrollment, benefit administration, and employee record keeping.
- Conducts HR training for employees and supervisors.
- Is a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion champion.
- Assists in placing employment advertisements, hiring, and onboarding.
- Develops, reviews, and makes recommendations to Management regarding policy and procedures.
- Provides advice and coaching for managers, supervisors, and staff on employee relations topics.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated excellent listening and effective communication skills.
- Knowledge of compliance requirements for local, state, and federal labor laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to research, gather data and prepare quarterly reports on HR program goals and results.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills, including working ahead of deadlines.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Demonstrated experience with payroll software, ADP Workforce Now is preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or a related field and five years of human resource experience; or any combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The salary for this position is $57,000 + DOE. Legal Aid offers an excellent benefits package including contributions to pension, health insurance, and generous PTO.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email all of the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org and note Human Resources Generalist Hiring Committee LAS063-23” in subject line.
- a cover letter explaining the reasons for your interest in the position,
- your resume, and
- names and telephone numbers for two work references (please do not send reference letters).
Interviews will be arranged by Employer
The Legal Aid Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Legal Aid Society offers reasonable accommodations in the hiring and employment process. If you need assistance, you may request an accommodation.