Human Resources & Facilities Assistant
Human Resources & Facilities Assistant
Hybrid remote work schedule: 3 days in office/field and 2 days remote
Base office in Asheville
Position Status: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Pisgah Legal Services (PLS) is a community-based non-profit legal aid agency governed by a local Board of Directors. Located in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Western North Carolina (WNC), Pisgah Legal Services provides free civil legal assistance to low-income people in WNC. The organization currently has offices in Asheville, Brevard, Burnsville, Hendersonville, Highlands-Cashiers, Marshall, Newland, and Rutherfordton. With over 100 dedicated staff, including over 30 attorneys plus program staff, and an active group of 300 volunteer attorneys, the program provides free services to nearly 20,000 people per year to meet their basic needs, primarily in the poverty law areas of housing, public benefits, domestic violence prevention, health care, immigration, and consumer law.
The Pisgah Legal Services Human Resources department plays a vital role in support our growing organization in the areas of legal compliance with employment laws, benefits administration, talent management, learning management, facilities management and for providing support to over 100 employees in over 10 office locations.
The Human Resources & Facilities Assistant position will be responsible for providing daily administrative tasks and services to support the operations of the PLS Human Resources and Facilities Maintenance department. This position will work with the Human Resources team to support effective and efficient functions relating to retention of records, maintenance of the employee intranet, responding to employee inquiries, assisting with recruitment, planning employee engagement events, facilities maintenance, and assisting with administrative tasks and projects. The Human Resources & Facilities Assistant must be well organized, flexible and possess the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. The ability to maintain complete confidentiality is essential.
- Commitment to PLS’ mission, values, and vision.
- Provide professional interaction with the public and employees.
- Advise and assist employees with understanding Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Compose correspondence and documents, maintain spreadsheets, and provide data entry assistance as needed.
- Assist with facilities management such as scheduling maintenance for company property, cars and equipment, scheduling for repairs, researching vendors and contractors and assisting with setup and organization of new office locations.
- Assist with basic IT troubleshooting and training.
- Participate in recruitment efforts by scheduling interviews, attending job fairs, establishing relationships with colleges and other community groups.
- Assist with maintaining HRIS system, ADP WorkforceNow, including staff training.
- Plan and coordinate employee engagement and wellness events.
- Image and categorize personnel records in company’s HRIS system, ADP WorkforceNow.
Salary ranges from $34,515 - $52,252 depending on experience.
Our salary scale is predetermined based on the years of relative professional work experience that qualify for this position to ensure equity in pay. Pisgah Legal Services is a Living Wage Certified Employer.
Employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage the 1st of the month following the start date. Pisgah Legal Services (PLS) pays 100% of the Employee and 50% of the Dependent Cost for BCBS Medical and Dental coverage. PLS pays 50% of the Employee Coverage Cost for BCBS Vision coverage. PLS pays 100% of Long-Term & Short-Term Disability Coverage, Life Insurance Coverage of 5x base salary + an additional $15,000 Life & AD&D Coverage. 401k Retirement Plan after 6 months of employment. Additional Fringe Benefits includes Paid Parental Leave, 12.5 Company Holidays, 22 Paid Leave Days, Paid Sabbatical Leave for eligible staff, Employee Assistance Program for entire household and a great working environment with work life balance! Our complete benefits guide is available at: https://www.flipsnack.com/5de6a5a7c6f/pisgah-legal-services-2022-benefits-guide/full-view.html
COVID-19 Safety Information:
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, Pisgah Legal Services has worked tirelessly to promote evidence-based practices across our entire organization. With this in mind, as of January 4th, all Pisgah employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccine. Employees who are unvaccinated or have an approved exemption will be required to provide verified weekly COVID-19 test results. We currently have COVID-19 safety precautions in place.
- Passion for and commitment to PLS’ mission, values, and vision.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to meet all essential job functions.
- Associates degree in HR or related field or equivalent work experience required (Bachelor’s degree preferred).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Teams.
- Experience in basic IT/equipment functionality preferred.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn human resource information systems (HRIS), and similar computer applications.
- Prior experience with ADP WorkforceNow preferred.
- Prior work experience in facilities management preferred.
Submit your online application with resume and cover letter through our Career Center located at https://www.pisgahlegal.org/jobs.
PLS invites all applicants to include in their cover letter a statement about how your unique background and/or experiences might contribute to the diversity, cultural vitality, and perspective of our staff and legal services practice.
Pisgah Legal Services is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified persons with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are encouraged to discuss ADA accommodations with our Human Resources department.