Human Resources Administrative Coordinator
Position: Administration – Human Resources Administrative Coordinator Location: Ron Olson Justice Center Salary: DOE with excellent benefits Availability: Immediately Application Deadline: Continuous until position is filled. About the Position:
Are you interested in joining an organization dedicated to increasing access to justice while addressing systemic inequities among the most vulnerable members of the greater Los Angeles area? If yes, LAFLA is the place for you!
The Organization: LAFLA is a nonprofit law firm that protects and advances the rights of the most underserved—leveling the playing field and ensuring that everyone can have access to the justice system. With more than 90 years of service, LAFLA is the first and most experienced legal aid organization in greater Los Angeles. LAFLA has more than 200 employees, including more than 100 attorneys, who provide free services and resources on a broad range of civil legal issues that impact health, safety, and self-sufficiency. Every year, LAFLA helps more than 100,000 people find their voice, regain control of their lives, and build a brighter future. Our unique combination of neighborhood offices, self-help centers at courthouses, and domestic violence clinics put LAFLA on the frontlines in communities at the forefront of change. LAFLA also engages in impact litigation to help enact long-term systemic change—actively collaborating with a network of public and private partners to expand access to justice, identify needs in the communities we serve, and change laws and policies that adversely affect the underserved. For more information, please visit www.lafla.org.
LAFLA is searching for a dynamic Human Resources Administrative Coordinator to be an integral part of our HR team. The right candidate will have an outgoing and personable demeanor all while multi-tasking and assisting our amazing team of lawyers and administrative staff in a hybrid work environment. This position reports to the Director of Human Resources, Diversity & Inclusion.
• Bachelor’s degree is preferred;
• Minimum of two years of human resources experience required;
• Experience with recruiting required;
• Proficient Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint;
• Experience with HRIS systems required (ADP preferred);
• Basic knowledge of various employment laws and practices;
• Effective oral and written communication skills;
• Ability to work with various departments and foster teamwork;
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
• Detail orientated and organized; and
• Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of human resources work.
• Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.
Examples of Duties:
• Coordinate employee recruiting process including posting vacancies to appropriate sources, managing the recruitment online system, administering applicant tests, tracking candidate status, and conducting candidate screening using ATS and traditional methods;
• Work with hiring managers to draft job announcements, identify a pool of qualified candidates and schedule interviews;
• Prepare offer and new hire orientation packages;
• Assist in conducting new hire orientation;
• Coordinate onboarding/offboarding of employees with Facilities, Payroll, IT and supervisors;
• Work with temporary staffing agencies to identify temporary employee candidates, onboard temporary employees, and process temporary staffing time records and invoices;
• Coordinate the Intern, work study program including communicating with schools, assessing recruitment needs, coordinating placement and processing invoices;
• Respond to employment verification requests;
• Assist with processing payroll changes and termination status changes;
• Assist with scheduling and tracking of employee trainings;
• Collaborate with the preparing and updating HR forms, presentations, and policies and procedures;
• Assist with maintaining HRIS database and generating requested reports;
• Assist with coordinating employee wellness and recognition programs;
• Assist with employee benefit enrollment, as needed;
• Assist with all Staff Events and recognition programs;
• Maintain employee personnel files and record maintenance (hard and electronic copies);
• Support the Director of Human Resources, Diversity & Inclusion and the Personnel Coordinator
• Other duties as assigned.
Please submit a cover letter and resume online to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “HR Administrative Coordinator” in the subject line.
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD – A six-month introductory period will be required.
VACCINATION POLICY AND COVID-19 PROTOCOLS – LAFLA requires all staff, including new hires, to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) and have received at least one COVID-19 booster shot. If hired, all employees must present proof of vaccination by their start date.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination because of race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship, creed, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, age, religion, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, marital or registered domestic partners status, or any other legally protected status.
The company is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified candidates and employees pursuant to applicable law. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation as part of the application process or expect to require an accommodation if hired, please contact email@example.com.
Benefits & Compensation
LAFLA offers a diverse environment with competitive compensation based on comparable public interest salaries. We also offer a generous benefits package for full-time employees including medical, dental, and vision for employees and dependents, life insurance, long-term disability, long-term care insurance, and 403(b) retirement plan. Employees may also qualify for bilingual supplements, law student loan reimbursements, and a cell phone stipend. Please visit https://lafla.org/get-involved/careers for our salary scale for union, non-management staff.