Guardianship Case Advocate
Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, a non-profit, public interest law firm, is seeking a full-time Guardianship Case Liaison. The Liaison will work directly with the Guardianship Attorneys and their clients who are seniors and individuals with disabilities under guardianship. The Guardianship Case Liaison will visit the clients in group homes, schools, medical facilities, hospitals, adult day care facilities, job sites, and personal homes. During these visits, the Liaison will discuss housing conditions, safety issues, and physical and medical issues with the clients and housing staff, medical staff, caregivers, family members, and others involved in the clients’ care.
The Guardianship Case Liaison must be highly organized and must be able to work independently. The Liaison will be responsible for managing visitation schedules, calendaring follow-up visits, and maintaining a client database. The Liaison will also be responsible for preparing and providing written reports directly to the attorneys. Excellent communication and interaction skills are necessary. Prefer bi-lingual candidate, English/Spanish.
Additional qualities desired:
- An empathetic communicator with a positive attitude
- Is able to understand the lives and struggles confronting low-income and vulnerable people in our community
- Enjoys providing legal information to someone who might need extra patience understanding their legal issue
- A team player that enjoys being a part of a great team of caring individuals
- Loves challenges, dislikes being bored, and believes drama and gossip belong at the movies or at brunch, not at work.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE
Please e-mail cover letter, resume and a brief writing sample to:
Attn: Human Resources Department
Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada
725 E. Charleston Blvd.
Las Vegas, Nevada 89104
Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada is an ADA/Equal Opportunity Employer