The Grants Manager helps Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada meet funding and fundraising goals. As a key member of the Legal Aid Center team, the Grants Manager assists in developing and preparing grant proposals as well as gathering data and drafting grant reports. The Grants Manager reports to the Development Director and works in partnership with the management team and staff to apply for funding opportunities and report on program outcomes. The ideal candidate is passionate about Legal Aid Center’s mission; has experience working with nonprofits; has strong communication, writing, and editing skills; attention to detail; enjoys working with low-income and vulnerable individuals; and is committed to equality and equity.
The Grants Manager will learn Legal Aid Center’s programs, goals, and financial needs to develop compelling proposals, seek new funding opportunities, and report on funding impact as well as lead the development, writing, and submission of grant proposals to federal, state, and private funding agencies. The position is responsible for collecting, analyzing, and reporting data on the performance of program activities, as well as responding to public and private grant opportunities in areas that support Legal Aid Center programs.
• Coordinate with Legal Aid Center Projects and programs on grant applications and grant reports;
• Work closely with staff members to synthesize program activities, data, and financials for proposals and reports;
• Research and identify government, corporate, foundation and private funding prospects;
• Generate high-quality proposals, narratives, applications and supporting documents in response to solicitations consistent with all policies and procedures, and the requirements and guidelines of the funding agencies;
• Timely submit well-written and well-documented grant reports;
• Maintain responsibility for grant schedules and tracking grants;
• Develop and maintain a master file on pending grants and contracts;
• Serve as a liaison to all funding agencies and organizations;
• Ensure compliance with all funder guidelines in grant submission and reporting.
• Coordinate with the CFO and accounting staff to obtain budgets to accompany proposals;
•In partnership with the Executive Director and development staff, assist with annual grants plan, donor strategy, and campaigns;
• Update the Grants Manual and procedures;
• Remain up-to-date on current issues relative to grant proposals;
• Inform management on the progress of all grants and issues that may arise with each grant;
• Maintain confidentiality of information;
• Back-up and assist the Development Director and Executive Team as needed; and
• Other duties as assigned.
Salary is dependent upon experience with annual increases available. Our excellent benefits include 100% employer paid health insurance for an employee, spouse/domestic partner and dependents up to 26 years old. A 403B match dollar for dollar up to 5% of an employee’s salary after 12 months of employment, 12 weeks paid parental leave, a generous paid time off policy and flex work options.
This position requires teamwork, supervision, and personal interaction that cannot be had in a remote office; therefore, on-site attendance is a job requirement.
Preferred Education, Skills and Abilities
• Bachelor’s degree Journalism, Communication, English, or a similar field required;
• 3 to 5 years working in a nonprofit;
• Ability to work effectively under pressure;
• Excellent storytelling, writing, and verbal skills;
• Be highly organized with the ability to implement systems and follow-up processes;
• Grant writing experience, preferably with a nonprofit;
• Excellent Computer skills (Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), and database management skills; and
• Motivated self-starter with the ability to work collaboratively and independently with purpose and accuracy in a fast-paced environment.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE
Please email cover letter, resume and a brief writing sample to:
Human Resources Department
Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada is an ADA/Equal Opportunity Employer
Deadline: Open until filled