Hybrid remote work schedule available: 3 days in office/field and 2 days remote
Base office in Hendersonville, Asheville, Marshall, Rutherfordton, Brevard, Burnsville, Newland or Spruce Pine or Highlands/Cashiers, NC
Position Status: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Pisgah Legal Services (PLS) is a community-based non-profit legal aid agency governed by a local Board of Directors. Located in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Western North Carolina (WNC), Pisgah Legal Services provides free civil legal assistance to low-income people in WNC. The organization currently has offices in Asheville, Brevard, Burnsville, Hendersonville, Highlands-Cashiers, Marshall, Newland, and Rutherfordton. With over 100 dedicated staff, including over 30 attorneys plus program staff, and an active group of 300 volunteer attorneys, the program provides free services to nearly 20,000 people per year to meet their basic needs, primarily in the poverty law areas of housing, public benefits, domestic violence prevention, health care, immigration, and consumer law.
Pisgah Legal Services seeks a full-time Grants Coordinator. Applicants should have experience in grant writing and reporting, non-profit programs, database management, and data analysis. Pisgah Legal is a growing organization with diverse funding, including more than 60 active government and foundation grants annually. This position will report directly to the Grants Manager and work with another full-time Grants Coordinator and other staff as needed.
- Commitment to PLS’ mission, values, and vision.
- Write and prepare grant applications and reports.
- Work in the case management database (LegalServer) to collect and analyze information for reporting to government agencies, foundations, and donors.
- Keep track of application and reporting deadlines and requirements.
- Research potential new sources for program funding.
- Assess whether grant and project milestones are on track to meet goals and deadlines and communicate the information with program leadership.
- Work with program advocates in administering grants and contracts.
- Work with program advocates on maintaining communications with funders.
- Other fundraising duties as needed.
Salary ranges from $38,464 – $75,859 depending on experience.
Our salary scale is predetermined based on the years of relative professional work experience that qualify for this position to ensure equity in pay. Pisgah Legal Services is a Living Wage Certified Employer.
Employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage the 1st of the month following the start date. Pisgah Legal Services (PLS) pays 100% of the Employee and 50% of the Dependent Cost for BCBS Medical and Dental coverage. PLS pays 50% of the Employee Coverage Cost for BCBS Vision coverage. PLS pays 100% of Long-Term & Short-Term Disability Coverage, Life Insurance Coverage of 5x base salary + an additional $15,000 Life & AD&D Coverage. 401k Retirement Plan after 6 months of employment. Additional Fringe Benefits includes Paid Parental Leave, 12.5 Company Holidays, 22 Paid Leave Days, Paid Sabbatical Leave for eligible staff, Employee Assistance Program for entire household and a great working environment with work life balance! Our complete benefits guide is available at: https://www.flipsnack.com/5de6a5a7c6f/pisgah-legal-services-2022-benefits-guide/full-view.html
COVID-19 Safety Information:
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, Pisgah Legal Services has worked tirelessly to promote evidence-based practices across our entire organization. With this in mind, as of January 4th, all Pisgah employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccine. Employees who are unvaccinated or have an approved exemption will be required to provide verified weekly COVID-19 test results. We currently have COVID-19 safety precautions in place.
- Passion for and commitment to PLS’ mission, values, and vision.
- Two or more years of experience in grant writing and management, or other relevant and related experience.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Detail-oriented, accurate and organized.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently.
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Highly proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with database management and data analysis (Legal Server experience a plus).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience with non-profit project management a plus.
- Valid driver’s license.
Submit your online application with resume and cover letter through our Career Center located at https://www.pisgahlegal.org/jobs.
PLS invites all applicants to include in their cover letter a statement about how your unique background and/or experiences might contribute to the diversity, cultural vitality, and perspective of our staff and legal services practice.
Pisgah Legal Services is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified persons with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are encouraged to discuss ADA accommodations with our Human Resources department.