Pisgah Legal Services (PLS) is a community-based non-profit governed by a local Board of Directors. PLS' annual budget consists of individual contributions and grants from governments and foundations that add up to an annual budget of $8 million.
Located in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Western North Carolina, PLS provides free civil legal assistance to low-income people in Western North Carolina. PLS has offices in Asheville, Burnsville, Hendersonville, Rutherfordton, Brevard, Highlands/Cashiers, Newland, Spruce Pine, and Marshall. With a dedicated staff of ninety-six, including thirty-six attorneys and support staff, and an active pro bono panel of 300 private attorneys, the program provides free services to more than 20,000 people per year to meet their basic needs, primarily in the poverty law areas of housing, public benefits, domestic violence prevention, health care, immigration, and consumer law.
Pisgah Legal Services seeks a full-time Grants Coordinator. Applicants should have experience in grant writing and reporting, non-profit programs, database management, and data analysis. Pisgah Legal is a growing organization with diverse funding, including more than 60 active government and foundation grants annually. This position will report directly to the Grants Manager and work with another full-time Grants Coordinator and other staff as needed.
- Write and prepare grant applications and reports.
- Work in the case management database (LegalServer) to collect and analyze information for reporting to government agencies, foundations, and donors.
- Keep track of application and reporting deadlines and requirements.
- Research potential new sources for program funding.
- Assess whether grant and project milestones are on track to meet goals and deadlines and communicate the information with program leadership.
- Work with program advocates in administering grants and contracts.
- Work with program advocates on maintaining communications with funders.
- Other fundraising duties as needed.
Salary ranges from $37,344 – $73,650 depending on experience. Excellent fringe benefits, including 401(k) retirement plan, as well as life, health, and disability insurance.
- Two or more years of experience in grant writing and management
- Excellent writing skills
- Detail-oriented, accurate and organized
- Self-motivated, able to work independently
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Highly proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with database management and data analysis (Legal Server experience a plus)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience with non-profit project management a plus
E-mail resumé and cover letter describing relevant experience to email@example.com. PLS invites all applicants to include in their cover letter a statement about how your unique background and/or experiences might contribute to the diversity, cultural vitality, and perspective of our staff and legal services practice.
Pisgah Legal Services is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.