Grants Billing & Administrative Specialist
The Grants Billing & Administrative Specialist is responsible for providing timely & accurate grant invoices and provides support to the administrative team.
- Prepare and submit monthly and quarterly invoices for grant reimbursement.
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly, and annual financial and/or programmatic reports for grant compliance.
- Create and maintain data using a variety of tools, including spreadsheets and database management systems.
- Organize and maintain electronic and paper files.
- Work on complex assignments where independent action and a high degree of initiative are required.
- Assist the development and finance departments
- Maintain inventory of and order supplies and office equipment.
- Assist with compliance reviews, processing donations and other accounts receivable.
BASIC STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE:
- Satisfactory attendance and punctuality.
- Compliance with all Gulfcoast Legal Services policies and procedures.
- Familiarity with and adherence to the organization’s mission.
- Satisfactory completion of primary and secondary duties and responsibilities of the position as required by management and supervision.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of basic office procedures, including data entry.
- Advance knowledge of Excel.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written required.
- Ability to deal professionally, courteously and efficiently with people.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; exhibit independent judgment in the implementation of plans, procedures and policies
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of grant administration and billing, contract administration and negotiations, community organization, fiscal and organizational management, principles and practices of marketing and public relations.
- Ability to plan, direct and coordinate activities; negotiate and administer contracts; work with commercial vendors, government agencies, community groups and other organizations as necessary; communicate effectively in both written and oral forms; etc.
- Ability to work independently.
Gulfcoast Legal Services is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to a diverse workplace. We offer an excellent benefits package, generous paid time off and flexible work schedules.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral form.
- Non-Profit experience with two years in a position with similar responsibilities preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work on various projects with different priorities.
- Ability to work overtime when required.
- Ability to lift and/or carry office supplies, equipment, files, etc. up to 25 lbs. when required.
Please send your resume to Tara Meyer, Fiscal & HR Manager: email@example.com