In person/remote hybrid work option available during 2022
Do you love accounting and analysis and want a job where you know you’re making a difference? The Grant Accountant at Legal Services of Eastern Missouri (LSEM) is a key part of this organization. We need a detailed oriented accountant who can work in a fast-paced environment. You’ll be involved day-to-day with our attorneys and staff who are providing legal assistance to people who could not otherwise afford it. This is more than just a job, it’s an opportunity to make a difference for people in the St. Louis community who need our assistance. Read more about us and the work we do at lsem.org.
- Prepares grant financial reports and invoices
- Ensures compliance with government regulations and grant contracts
- Monitors performance of contractual partners
- Collaborates throughout the organization for grant coordination and oversight
- Prepares bank deposits
- Responsible for the accounts receivable process
LSEM advances justice through legal representation, education, and supportive services. We partner with the community to improve lives, promote fairness and create opportunities for those in need. Since 1956, LSEM has provided high-quality civil legal assistance and equal access to justice for low-income people in 21 counties in Missouri. We accomplish our mission through systemic advocacy/impact litigation and individual case work in a wide range of substantive civil areas which are in our priorities, e.g., family law for victims of domestic violence, prevention of homelessness/housing, health, public benefits, consumer, education, disability, community economic development, and immigration. As part of our community education/outreach efforts, LSEM works with over 150 agencies and participates in over 35 task forces/coalitions and has a vibrant Volunteer Lawyers Program.
Salary and Benefits Information:
The salary range for this position is $50,000-74,000. Specific salary offered to a candidate will be based on their experience. Excellent benefits including a generous time off policy, 403(b) and 401(a) retirement plans, employee assistance plan, flexible spending account, medical, dental and vision insurance.
Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Equal access to Legal Services of Eastern Missouri’s office is available. If you need accommodation during the interview/application process, contact the Human Resources Director at hr @lsem.org. LSEM is an equal opportunity employer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 2 years of accounting or finance experience using data analysis skills
- Ability to meet tight contract deadlines and handle multiple assignments at once
- Strong data analysis skills, including use of Excel, databases and accounting software
- Strong communication skills, work ethic, flexibility and teamwork
Upload your resume and cover letter through our online application at https://jobapply.page.link/z4gzx . Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.