General Counsel and Chief Operating Officer
Job Title: General Counsel and Chief Operating Officer
Status: Full-Time, Exempt Position
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience and generous benefits package.
The Ohio Legal Assistance Foundation, Inc., founded in 1994 and located in Columbus, is a statewide, nonprofit organization committed to improving access to justice for low-income Ohioans. By providing grants and other support, the Foundation provides a legal voice to those who cannot afford a private attorney. The Foundation helps ensure that veterans secure the benefits they have earned; seniors preserve their independence and financial security; victims of domestic violence obtain safety and security; and children with disabilities obtain the supports they need to succeed in school.
The Foundation’s General Counsel and Chief Operating Officer is responsible for managing the daily operations of the Foundation and managing the Foundation’s financial and technical support teams. In addition, the General Counsel and Chief Operating Officer is responsible for drafting and/or reviewing all Foundation contracts.
- Manage the daily operations of the Foundation, including but not limited to overseeing human resources functions such as personnel policies and procedures; employee benefits; insurance coverage; and audit and tax filings.
- Oversee the Foundation’s financial teams, including but not limited to IOLTA / IOTA and filing fee remissions, including liaising with the Treasurer of State, the Department of Insurance, and state attorney disciplinary authorities.
- Responsible for all Foundation contracts.
- Manage the technology team at the Foundation, including both internal and external facing requirements.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director to identify opportunities to grow strategic alliances to increase the Foundation’s visibility, boost political will, and, bring new resources to the access to justice efforts.
- Other duties as necessary to support the Executive Director.
- Juris Doctor required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience; some banking or government revenue management experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with financial institutions.
- Demonstrated analytical, interpersonal and written and oral communication skills, in positions requiring communication with a broad and diverse audience.
- Demonstrated high level of professionalism, diplomacy and sound judgment.
- A demonstrated commitment to equal access to justice and to advocacy for low income persons.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
The Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.