Fund Development Assistant
The Georgia Legal Services Program (GLSP) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that seeks to hire a full-time Fund Development Assistant. GLSP’s mission is to provide civil legal services for persons with low incomes, creating equal access to justice and opportunities out of poverty. GLSP has a Central Office in Atlanta and 10 regional offices outside metro Atlanta that provide civil legal services in 154 counties.
The Fund Development Assistant is a key team member of GLSP’s busy development department located in downtown Atlanta. S/he will work to assist in the goals of the fund development program and the daily operations of the development office with responsibilities for supporting key priority functions, including accurate processing of gifts and acknowledgement letters, direct mailings, gifts reports, adept proofing, project management, and other clerical and administrative duties performed under the direct supervision of the development director.
· Manages donor base, data entry, and booking of gifts in Raiser’s Edge, assuring accuracy and confidentiality of all donor records and revenue received
· Coordinates and prepares gifts reports and correspondence
· Assists in organizing fundraising events
· Coordinates with mailhouse on mailmerging solicitation letters, newsletters, annual reports
· Completes purchase orders for invoicing and payments to vendors
· Responds to internal and external requests for gifts reports
· Maintains pledge records and processes timely pledge reminder letters to donors
· Works closely with vendors on coordinating direct mailings
· Maintains bulk mail and business reply mail accounts
· Maintains necessary level of communication with the development office team and other co-workers
· Maintains awareness of Raiser’s Edge upgrades
· Willingness to work a flexible schedule, which could include some evenings for events
· Ability to follow instructions, or to ask questions when in doubt
· Must have a reliable vehicle and a valid Georgia driver’s license for business-related travel as needed
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
· Absolute proficiency in Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge
· Experience in fund development at a non-profit organization
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of donor information
· Strong writing and proofing skills
· Effective interpersonal and listening skills
· Proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
· Ability to organize a diverse workload, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks
· Attention to detail, good problem solving, and project management skills
1. One page cover letter (no longer than three paragraphs); and
2. Current resume; and
3. Submission of a writing sample that must be an original thank you letter to a donor that the applicant takes credit in drafting; and
4. Three professional references to include current contact information for each reference
Completed applications are to be sent to Director of Human Resources Jane Bonner at firstname.lastname@example.org. Completed applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls, faxes, or e-mail inquiries accepted. Starting salary is up to $34,000, depending on experience and qualifications. Georgia Legal Services offers excellent fringe benefits.
The Georgia Legal Services Program is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Georgia Legal Services not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, medical condition, national origin, disability, marital or other protected status.