Fiscal Staff Accountant
Fiscal Staff Accountant is responsible for providing timely & accurate grant invoices, accounts payable and support to the administrative team.
- Prepare and submit monthly and quarterly invoices for grant reimbursement.
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly, and annual financial and/or programmatic reports for grant compliance.
- Prepare documents for grant monitoring’s.
- Prepare AP invoices for entry into accounting system, run reports and AP checks. Scan and save invoices and check copies to appropriate folders.
- Create and maintain data using a variety of tools, including spreadsheets and database management systems.
- Organize and maintain electronic and paper files.
- Work on complex assignments where independent action and a high degree of initiative are required.
- Process donations (including acknowledgements and other donor correspondence) and other accounts receivable, interfacing with the development and finance departments.
- Assist the Grants & Resource Development Manager and Grants & AR Manager.
- Maintain inventory of and order supplies and office equipment.
- Assist the Compliance and Information Services Manager in compliance reviews.
- Participates as needed in special department projects.
- Perform other duties assigned.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of basic office procedures, including data entry.
- Advance knowledge of Excel.
- Experience with Blackbaud’s Financial Edge, preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written required.
- Ability to deal professionally, courteously and efficiently with people.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; exhibit independent judgment in the implementation of plans, procedures and policies
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of grant administration and billing, fiscal and organizational management, principles and practices of grants and accounting.
Pay starts at $18.00/hour DOE, plus medical, dental, and vision insurance; retirement matching; and generous paid time off and holidays. We currently offer remote work 2-3 days per week, after successful completion of a 90-day probationary period.
GLS provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, GLS will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
- Minimum of an associate degree or 5 years direct experience with grant billing and accounts payable.
- Non-Profit experience with two years in a position with similar responsibilities preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral form.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Interested applicants can send their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org