LAJC is seeking a Finance Manager (FM) to join our 65+ employee organization. This position will be based in the Charlottesville office and will report to the Director of Finance & Operations. This position is extremely important to the financial health of the organization and will work closely with upper management.
The FM’s primary responsibilities will include:
- Management of all accounting functions and staff – accounts payable, accounts receivable, electronic banking, monthly reconciliations, close month end books.
- Prepare financial statements for review by the Board of Directors.
- Preparation and management of annual audit.
- Manager of all insurance policies.
- Carry out guidelines of board approved Investment Policy
- Prepare fiscal year detailed budgets and corresponding cash flow budgets, to be presented to the Board of Directors for approval.
- Manager of all payroll functions. Administrator of all benefits.
- Produce budgets for grant applications. Prepare financial reports and invoices for grants.
- Degree in Finance or Accounting or related field, or equivalent experience; CPA certification a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years’ accounting experience, 7+ years preferred.
- Sophisticated understanding of day-to-day accounting processes, general ledger work and detailed budget processes.
- Commitment to LAJC’s mission to partner with communities and clients to achieve justice by dismantling the systems that create and perpetuate poverty.
- Experience with QuickBooks.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 including SharePoint and Teams.
- Experience implementing budgets to departments and tracking of expenses.
- Experience with change management.
Email a cover letter, resume, and three references to Kyna Thomas, Director of Finance & Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re able, please submit your application as a single PDF titled “[date submitted in yyyy.mm.dd format] [last name][first name][position sought].” Please include “Finance Manager” in the subject line.
Questions? Contact Kyna Thomas at email@example.com.
The Legal Aid Justice Center is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We strongly encourage candidates of all identities, experiences, and communities to apply. The Legal Aid Justice Center is committed to strengthening the voices of our low-income clients, working in collaboration with community partners, and rooting out the inequities that keep people in poverty. We strive to take on the issues that have broad impact on our client communities and to be responsive to client input. Recognizing the particular impact of racism on our clients and staff, we devote special attention to dismantling racial injustice. All applicants must be dedicated to working in and sustaining an environment that enables staff and clients to feel empowered, valued, respected, and safe. In reviewing applications, we look for evidence that applicants have experience and/or thoughtfulness in working with traditionally marginalized populations.