Finance and Administration Director
Disability Rights Connecticut, Inc. (“DRCT”) is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing the civil and human rights of persons with disabilities in Connecticut. DRCT’s mission is to advocate, educate, investigate and pursue legal, administrative, and other appropriate remedies to advance and protect the civil rights of citizens with disabilities to participate equally and fully in all facets of community life in Connecticut. DRCT is a statewide organization authorized by federal law and funded by the Developmental Disabilities Assistance and Bill of Rights Act, the Rehabilitation Act, and Social Security Act and the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.
- Manage accounting and financial functions to include payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and cash management. Ensure that all functions are completed in a timely manner.
- Develop annual agency budget for Executive Director and monitor monthly performance. Submit budgets, budget adjustments, and be responsive to all funders’ financial monitoring efforts.
- Manage multiple federal, state and private grants, ensuring compliance with funding requirements as well as organizational policies and procedures.
- Prepare regular reports for Executive Director, management and Board.
- Communicate complex financial matters clearly and concisely to executive staff and board members.
- Manage and support the annual audit and tax return preparation.
- Maintain Accounting Policy and Procedure Manual, initiating updates as needed to improve agency’s systems and internal controls.
- Manage HR financial processes including onboarding and benefits.
Preferred candidate should have experience with not-for-profit accounting and financial reporting as well as an understanding of cash management principles. A Bachelors degree or some education in accounting or finance is required. Other requirements include superior communication skills (oral and written), experience using QuickBooks or other accounting and office software. The applicant must be committed to DRCT’s mission.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Salary is based on experience. Benefits package includes paid time off, health care, dental care, vision care, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability.
This position description serves as a general summary and overview of the major duties and responsibilities of the job. It is not intended to represent the entirety of the job nor is it intended to be all-inclusive. Management reserves the right to modify, or rescind, this position description at any time, with or without prior notice.
The review of applications will begin immediately, with the appointment to commence as soon as possible. Please email applications, including a letter of introduction, a detailed resume including references by mail to Disability Rights CT at 846 Wethersfield Avenue, Hartford CT 06114, or by emailing Mary Jane Keane, Office Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DRCT is a fair employment practices/equal opportunity/disability accessible employer committed to maintaining a diverse workplace. We value diversity of culture, disability and other life experiences and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. Qualified candidates from diverse personal, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds are encouraged to apply. DRCT also complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Connecticut Fair Employment Practices Act and is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with disabilities.