Family Law Attorney
Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, a non-profit, public interest law firm is seeking a Staff Attorney for its Family Justice Project to provide direct representation to low income individuals who are the victims of Domestic Violence. Candidate will assist with community outreach and direct representation in the areas of protective orders, divorce petitions and custody issues.
Prefer a minimum of two years litigation experience in public interest law, with an emphasis in family law. Excellent legal writing and communication skills a must. Prefer bi-lingual candidate, English/Spanish, but not required. Qualified candidates must possess an active/good standing Bar License from any United States jurisdiction. Salary depends upon experience.
Additional qualities desired:
- Is able to understand the lives and struggles confronting low-income and vulnerable people in our community
- Enjoys providing legal information to someone who might need extra patience understanding their legal issue
- An empathetic communicator with a positive attitude
- Enjoys being a part of a great team of caring individuals
- Loves challenges, dislikes being bored, and believes drama and gossip belong at the movies or at brunch, not at work.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE
Please email cover letter, resume and a brief writing sample to:
Terry R. Bratton, Chief Financial Director
Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada
725 E. Charleston Blvd.
Las Vegas, Nevada 89104
Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada is an ADA/Equal Opportunity Employer