The Harriett Buhai Center for Family Law (the Center) is the largest independent nonprofit organization exclusively devoted to family law in Southern California. A leader in the State, the Center provides a critical justice safety net for economically impoverished individuals with serious family law and domestic violence problems.
Founded in 1982 with a mission to protect victims of domestic violence, improve the welfare of children living in poverty, and assure that people in need have meaningful access to the courts, the original small all-volunteer organization has evolved into an established institution providing comprehensive, no-cost, direct legal assistance for some of the toughest low-income family law cases throughout Los Angeles County. Over the past three years, the Center has aided more than 1,700 individuals.
The Center is poised for a new phase of growth and change, emerging stronger from the pandemic with new Board leadership and a knowledgeable, trained, compassionate, and team-oriented staff. The Board of Directors is seeking a well-rounded Executive Director to lead the Center in delivering free family legal services to underrepresented communities in Los Angeles. This individual will support the sustainability and growth of this highly respected and vitally important organization as it meets the ever-increasing demand for its services. This position requires exceptional management skills to ensure the Center's financial stability, purposeful infrastructure growth, program effectiveness, and overall success.
The Ideal Candidate
· Senior leadership experience in a legal services or nonprofit organization dedicated to exemplary service to the community.
· Success in generating support for an organization through collaborative efforts with internal and external stakeholders.
· Proven ability to build and motivate high-performing teams, drive programmatic excellence, and enhance an organization’s impact and financial sustainability.
· An understanding of forward-looking nonprofit fiscal management, including budgeting and cash flow analysis.
· The ability to oversee, inspire, and collaborate with staff and articulated management philosophy which supports a positive team culture and well-being of staff, high performance, and employee retention.
· Exceptional communication skills, including public speaking, writing, and forming community partnerships.
Compensation & Additional Considerations
The annual salary range for this role is $150,000-$165,000 plus benefits. Staff are currently working on a hybrid in-person / work-from-home schedule. The Executive Director is expected to have a regular presence in the office.
Harriett Buhai Center for Family Law has retained Morris & Berger to conduct the Executive Director search. To view the full position description, please visit https://pub.lucidpress.com/morrisberger_2220/. To apply, please submit an application, including a resume and a letter of interest, in confidence to Morris & Berger through their website: https://www.morrisberger.com/position.php?id=2220.
Harriett Buhai Center for Family Law has retained Morris & Berger to conduct the Executive Director search. To view the full position description, please visit https://pub.lucidpress.com/morrisberger_2220/. To apply, please submit an application, including a resume and a letter of interest, in confidence to Morris & Berger through their website: https://www.morrisberger.com/position.php?id=2220