The role of the next Executive Director of ALSC will be to amplify and expand upon the firm's rich history of service. Our next leader will follow two long-term leaders, requiring experienced and thoughtful leadership skills to implement current plans, and develop innovative plans for the future to continue to provide diverse services to our communities. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to adapt to the unique culture and needs of our service area.
visit www.la-law.org for full job description and application requirements.
- 5 years’ progressively responsible experience in management of a legal nonprofit or related field, with some experience in a high-level management position preferred.
- Legal Services experience is highly preferred, but specific and related experience in other private or public sector roles will be considered.
- License to practice law required, with a preference for business, management, human services, social sciences, or related fields in undergraduate study.
- Licensed in Louisiana or willing to sit for next exam.
- Master’s or other advanced degree desired.
- Innovative, strategic thinker.
- Proven leadership, communications, fundraising, advocacy, and relationship- building skills.
- Deeply committed to the mission of providing access to justice.
- Ability to inspire, motivate and excite.
- Unquestionable integrity, credibility and character.
- Collaborative, inclusive leader and team player.
- Results driven and energetic self-starter.
- Cares for people and helps them reach their goals and dreams.
- Experience working with a board of community leaders including reporting, advising and board member recruitment.
- Ability to build agreement among diverse groups
- Letter of application, detailing measurable success in the areas of key qualifications for the position and your connection to our mission.
- Writing sample