Educational Legal Advocate
Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, a private, non-profit law firm has an immediate opening for a full-time, permanent Educational Legal Advocate to work with educational decision makers for children with known and suspected disabilities in the community and in the foster care system. Under the supervision of an attorney, the successful candidate will identify issues regarding the child’s educational rights, intervene and work with stakeholders in the child welfare system and Clark County School District to remedy the problem(s) and bridge any gaps that are impeding the student’s educational success. This position will request and review educational records and develop plans to remediate educational deficiencies.
Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada offers a benefit package, including 100% employer paid health, dental, vision and life insurance for employees and their dependents, paid vacation/sick time, and company matched 403b plan.
Successful candidates must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced deadline driven environment, be a team player, be dependable, and organized, detailed oriented, and be able to move between files/projects easily. Excellent legal writing skills a must. Prefer bi-lingual candidate, English/Spanish but not required. Salary depends upon experience.
Additional qualities desired:
- Is able to understand the lives and struggles confronting low-income and vulnerable people in our community.
- Enjoys providing legal information to someone who might need extra patience understanding their legal issues.
- An empathetic communicator with a positive attitude.
- Enjoys being a part of a great team of passionate and caring individuals.
- Loves challenges, is a self-starter, and believes in professionalism.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE
Please e-mail cover letter, resume and a brief writing sample to: