Education Legal Assistant
Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada is recruiting for a full-time, permanent Education Legal Assistant. Qualified candidates must have experience with Nevada courts, legal terminology and procedures. Candidates must be proficient with court and office calendaring, filing and general office protocols.
Salary is dependent upon experience with annual increases available. Our excellent benefits include 100% employer paid health insurance for an employee, spouse/domestic partner and dependents up to 26 years old. A 403B match dollar for dollar up to 5% of an employee’s salary after 12 months of employment, 12 weeks paid parental leave, a generous paid time off policy and flex work options.
Prefer candidate with Legal Assistant experience who is bi-lingual (English-Spanish) but not required. Candidate must have excellent organizational, communication and computer skills and have expertise with Word, Excel and Outlook software programs.
Additional qualities desired:
- Is able to understand the lives and struggles confronting low-income and vulnerable people in our community
- Enjoys providing legal information to someone who might need extra patience understanding their legal issue
- An empathetic communicator with a positive attitude
- Enjoys being a part of a great team of caring individuals
- Loves challenges, dislikes being bored, and believes drama and gossip belong at the movies or at brunch, not at work.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE
Please email cover letter, resume and a brief writing sample to:
Human Resources Department e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada is an ADA/Equal Opportunity Employer