Director of Human Resources
The Director of Human Resources is a business partner of the NLSLA senior leadership team and, in consultation with the NLSLA Executive Director and Deputy Director, promotes and implements NLSLA culture and design. The Human Resources Director is a change agent and ensures the achievement of the NLSLA’s strategic goals through effective people management practices.
Key Duties and responsibilities
- Provide advice and guidance on employee relations matters to supervisors and staff, ensuring that matters are well managed and meet the requirements of NLSLA policies, best practices, and employment legislation.
- Develop, implement and maintain HR policies and procedures to ensure effective, fair, and consistent management of staff throughout the organization.
- Develop and implement HR operations strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating organizational requirements, trends, and variances.
- Monitor and review the system of performance appraisal and continually develop as necessary, ensuring that annual appraisals are carried out in a timely manner and followed up.
- Coordinate the performance management of staff including job description formulation, assessments, and promotions.
- Manage HR operations by facilitating staff recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, development, coaching, and counseling.
- Support, communicate and advise management on their talent development initiatives.
- Involvement in recruiting and resourcing including phone screens and in-person interviews.
- Coordinate recruitment with external partners (job posting sites, temporary staffing agencies, etc.).
- Investigate grievances and/or complaints from employees for the purpose of achieving solutions that provide a healthy work environment.
- Facilitate and lead Hiring and Onboarding committees.
- Work closely with finance department to ensure consistency across departments
- Conduct exit interviews and analyze findings
- Establish clearly defined roles, expectations and goals for HR staff and evaluate performance regularly.
- Provide training and development opportunities for HR staff: (1 HR Associate Director, 1 HR Associate, 1 HR Assistant)
- In consultation with the Executive Director and Deputy Director, prepare and implement annual HR plans to support the overall strategic aims and objectives of NLSLA.
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships with the leadership team ensuring consultation and communication practices are routinely adopted to enable management to make effective decisions and successfully implement proposals. Ensure that HR issues are given full considerations in all decision making.
- Serve on the Senior Leadership Team and Executive Administration Team.
- Enhance department and organization reputation by exploring new opportunities to add value to the organization.
- Bachelor degree required, advanced degree strongly preferred.
- Requires at least 10 years progressive HR generalist experience with more than three years at senior management level in high-volume environment. Experience must include hands-on responsibility for the full scope of HR activities, both operations and analysis.
- Strong organizational skills in the areas of operations and project administration.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in driving change and integration.
- Strong business partner and relationship building capabilities across a diverse international group.
- A self-starter; eager to pitch into the day-to-day necessary tasks and prioritize long-term projects.
- Commitment to public interest and social justice.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com