Director of Development
Legal Aid of East Tennessee (LAET) is a non-profit law firm providing civil legal help to low- income individuals and families in 26 counties in East Tennessee. LAET seeks an experienced Director of Development and Communications with outstanding organization, writing, collaboration, and communication skills to join our Leadership Team.
• Lead and expand all LAET resource development efforts
• Manage all aspects of grant administration including grant writing, evaluation, and reporting as well as maintaining relationships with local United Way organizations
• Identify, solicit, and cultivate all donor categories including a planned giving strategy
• Develop and implement donor stewardship plans
• Manage all fundraising activities, including the Annual Campaign for Justice and special events
• Produce the LAET Annual Report and other written materials including media releases
• Develop an approach to enhance foundation support
• Oversee and implement a comprehensive LAET communications strategy including website and social media
• Maintain and utilize donor data base
• Collaborate with Director of Finance to develop budgets for all grants and other development activities
Salary dependent upon experience. Excellent benefits package including generous personal and sick leave; health, dental and vision insurance; and contribution to 403 (b) plan.
Competitive candidates will possess a bachelor’s degree and at least three years’ experience in fundraising or a related field as well as a demonstrated record of securing major gifts and producing successful grant proposals. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn new software applications is required as is a commitment to access to justice.
Applicants should submit a letter of interest, resume, three references, and a writing sample (preferably related to a funding request) to:
Deborah Yeomans-Barton, Deputy Director, Legal Aid of East Tennessee, Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
No faxes or phone calls, please. LAET is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, and those with disabilities are encouraged to apply.