Director of Administrative Services
The Director of Administrative Services is a senior level management position, based in Baltimore City. The primary responsibilities of this position include all real property issues related to Maryland Legal Aid’s 12 offices, all business insurance-related matters, the provision of office support services to staff statewide, including the purchasing and/or leasing of all office furniture, furnishings, and equipment, and the oversight of building operations in the Baltimore City office, Maryland Legal Aid’s largest office.
Maryland Legal Aid offers a competitive salary based on experience and education. Exceptional employment benefits include generous leave, health and dental insurance, and 401(k) retirement plan that includes an employer based contribution and match. Maryland Legal Aid is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Purchase, maintain, and dispose of, when appropriate, office equipment, consumable supplies, and furniture for all Maryland Legal Aid offices.
- Procure and maintain adequate insurance coverage for Maryland Legal Aid (e.g. property, general liability, workers’ compensation, malpractice, bonding, fiduciary and others as required) and serve as the key contact for all business insurance-related matters.
- Oversee all real property issues, including: lease and purchase negotiations; maintenance of lease agreements and tickler systems for all critical lease dates, renewal options, terminations, and rental increases; review and approval of all real property related invoices; and coordination of renovations and capital improvements.
- Coordinate office relocations, including working with realtors to identify suitable office space and building managers to oversee any build-outs that may be necessary.
- Serve as Americans with Disability Act Compliance Coordinator.
- Maintain detailed equipment and furniture inventory files and perform a complete physical inventory of the organization’s assets every two years.
- Review, reconcile and approve for leased properties all real estate tax and operating expenses.
- Secure all necessary building related services for all Maryland Legal Aid offices, such as cleaning, HVAC, waste removal, grounds care, pest control, and security.
- Identify and assess office security needs including the acquisition of appropriate security systems and the development and implementation of appropriate security procedures for all Maryland Legal Aid properties.
- Acquire and maintain postage systems and digital copiers for the organization as well as confidential document shredding services.
- Prepare annual budget for those items within the Administrative Services areas of responsibility and provide information for auditors.
- Coordinate all external telephone directory listings for the organization.
- Oversee operations of the Baltimore City telephone console and mail and reproduction functions.
- Coordinate usage of office and storage space at Baltimore City office.
- Coordinate the opening and closing of the Baltimore City office due to weather or other emergent issues.
- Develop, implement, and update, if necessary, emergency procedures for the Baltimore City office and oversee the development and implementation of the organization’s Continuity of Operations Plan.
- Supervise four staff responsible for mailroom and duplication services, building services, and telephone console for the Baltimore City office and purchasing of equipment and supplies organization-wide.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- A minimum of 7 years management experience with 3 years of property management, particularly in the commercial arena.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to oversee a variety of projects with competing deadlines.
- Experience in both supervising and working collaboratively.
- A familiarity with non-profit organizations and a commitment to helping low-income people.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
Apply online at this URL https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=9156664a-1a51-4897-90b5-51213a0ce138&jobId=262608&lang=en_US&source=CC4&ccId=1997542647_11688 or visit our website at https://www.mdlab.org/careers or click here.