Directing Attorney (Self-Help Center)
Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, a non-profit, public interest law firm has an immediate opening for a Directing Attorney for its Civil Law Self-Help Center. The position is located in the Regional Justice Court, Self-Help Center and will supervise staff providing information to pro se litigants, court procedure and form completion.
Candidates should have 2-5 years of litigation experience and familiarity with state justice and district courts procedures.
Prior supervisory experience is preferred. Excellent technical skills, communication, quick thinking, patience, and customer service skills a must. Prefer bi-lingual candidate, English/Spanish, but not required. Qualified candidates must possess an active/good standing Bar License from any United States jurisdiction.
Additional qualities desired:
- Is able to understand the lives and struggles confronting low-income and vulnerable people in our community
- Enjoys providing legal information to someone who might need extra patience understanding their legal issue
- An empathetic communicator with a positive attitude
- Enjoys being a part of a great team of caring individuals
- Loves challenges, dislikes being bored, and believes drama and gossip belong at the movies or at brunch, not at work.
Salary depends upon experience with a benefits package provided, including health, dental, vision and life insurance for employees and their dependents, vacation/sick time and company matched 403b retirement plan.
Please visit www.lacsn.org for more information about our organization and select “CAREERS” for current opportunities. Follow us on Twitter.com/LegalAidSNV, Facebook and YouTube.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE
Please e-mail cover letter, resume and a brief writing sample to:
Attn: Human Resources Department
Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada is an ADA/Equal Opportunity Employer
Deadline: Open until filled