The Children’s Law Center of Massachusetts (“CLCM”) is a private, not-for-profit legal advocacy and resource center for low-income children based in Lynn, with project offices in Chelsea and Lawrence. For more than 40 years, the CLCM has provided a range of legal assistance to some of the state’s most vulnerable children, with an emphasis on those in northeast Massachusetts and greater Boston. Substantive areas targeted by CLCM advocates include child welfare (abuse & neglect), education, immigration, juvenile justice, and mental health. It combines direct legal assistance with a number of advocacy initiatives, including trainings, technical assistance, outreach, and various policy-based endeavors designed to ensure equal justice and maximize opportunity for disadvantaged children and youth. The CLCM has an annual budget of just under $1 million annually. Please visit our website (www.clcm.org) for additional information.
The CLCM seeks a full-time Development Director to spearhead all development activities at the agency. The Development Director, in collaboration with the Executive Director and the Board, will have the opportunity to build a comprehensive development effort both strategically and functionally.
• Provide leadership in conceiving and implementing a comprehensive development plan for the agency, including timeline and measurable outcomes
• Build/enhance annual fund/major gifts program through appeals and communications
• Identify, cultivate and steward relationships with key constituents; represent CLCM’s interests in the greater community
• Oversee public relations and marketing efforts across a variety of media channels
• Interact with individuals, the local community, civic organizations, corporations, foundations, and volunteers
• Work closely with the Executive Director, the Board and staff in identifying major gift prospects
• Identify foundation grant opportunities, perform grant/report writing, and oversee the tracking of proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
• Oversee management of data entry and gift processing
• Provide strategic development input to the Executive Director and Board
• Develop relationships with law firms and other similar legal entities
• Collaborate with Executive Director to foster Board development
• BA required.
• 3-5+ years of experience in development/fundraising
• Excellent organizational, managerial, written and oral communication skills
• Strong social media skills
• Knowledge of the state’s legal aid and human services system a plus
• Commitment to disadvantaged children and families
• Knowledge of fundraising database platforms • Ability to work independently as well as within a team
• Strong customer service skills required The Children’s Law Center is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity in the workplace.
Qualified applicants should mail or E-Mail a resume and a cover letter to:
Children’s Law Center of Massachusetts
298 Union Street, 2nd Floor
Lynn, MA, 01901
No phone calls, please.