Texas RioGrande Legal Aid (TRLA) is looking for a development coordinator to help support civil legal and indigent defense representation for low-income residents of South, Central, and West Texas, in a region stretching from Brownsville to El Paso on the border and including San Antonio, Austin, Corpus Christi, Alpine and all the towns, cities, and countryside in between. Duties may include grantwriting, individual and major donor fundraising, developing and implementing social media fundraising campaigns, maintaining donor database, event planning and other activities.
- Strong written, verbal, and computer communication skills, including working knowledge of Excel;
- Social media skills;
- Ability to multi-task and remain flexible; ability to work with a number of individuals, all with various needs and deadlines;
- Outstanding organizational skills with strong attention to detail;
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Two years of grant writing and/or development experience with proven success in raising funds for nonprofit organizations preferred;
- Experience generating support from law firms preferred;
- Experience managing a donor database preferred;
- Some legal knowledge preferred;
- Some design skills preferred.