The purpose of this position is to assist the Executive Director with planning, implementing and supervising the day-to-day program wide operations including executive leadership as directed by the Executive Director.Essential Functions
1. Create selected reports, grant applications and other communication for state and national funders including but not limited to FBF, LSC, Department of Justice and Attorney Generals as directed by Executive Director.
2. Research and Identify potential funding opportunities to further the mission of FRLS.
3. Oversee and assist with evaluations of all non-administrative staff with the exception of the Managing Attorney.
4. Evaluate and determine if probation is needed for employees and follow up during the probations term until final recommendation to Executive Director.
5. Oversee PAI Involvement in conjunction with Executive Director.
6. Be initial contact for clients with grievances which reach beyond Managing Attorney with final recommendation to Executive Director regarding resolution.
7. Assist in hiring all professional staff.
8. Travel to job fairs and make recommendations as necessary.
9. Assist in the overall development of the program advocacy.
10. Be responsible for review of all litigation approval requests.
11. Be a resource along with Executive Director for Managing Attorneys of FRLS policy matters.
12. Attendance at Board meetings, as needed.
13. Carryout instructions and projects as requested by Executive Director.
14. Assist with fundraising as needed.
15. Work with Administration to develop web content and oversee updates with the assistance of the
16. Identify and communicate training opportunities for staff and approve requests.
17. Ensure that pamphlets and brochures are updated and produced, as needed.
18. Serve on Boards to further the mission of the organization. Attend community meetings and outreach events to further the mission of the organization.
19. Recommend, compose and train on policies as directed by the Executive Director.
20. Responsible for needs assessments for priority setting every three years.
21. Participate in the orientation of new staff.
22. Oversee and manage the production of FRLS videos.
23. Assist in the oversight and development of other management personnel as requested by Executive Director.
24. Other duties as assigned.
The Deputy Director of Florida Rural Legal Services, Inc. is an exempt management position and not subject to the FRLS collective bargaining agreements.
Florida Rural Legal Services, Inc., does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other characteristic protected by federal, state of local law
1. Demonstrate commitment to advocacy on behalf of people in poverty.
2. Juris Doctorate Degree and at least 10 years of legal experience.
3. Five years of legal management experience.
4. Knowledge of the legal system, commitment to the mission of FRLs and compassion for the clients.
5. Ability to forge positive relationships with prospects, colleagues and the community.
6. Good organizational, interpersonal and communication skills required.
7. Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
8. Must be able to efficiently and effectively be able to maximize the use of existing resources.
9. Must be able to effectively communicate with peers, supervisors, clients and the public.
10. Must be able to effectively work in high pressure situations which involve deadlines.
11. Strong management, organizational, and leadership skills, including the ability to develop, implement, and supervise a wide range of activities simultaneously.
12. Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Legal Service software.
13. Work as a member of Executive Management.
This position operates in a professional office environment.
Must be able to drive regularly to regional offices and participate in virtual and in person meetings. Lifting up to 10 pounds may be required.
Email resume to email@example.com