Legal Services Alabama (LSA) seeks to employ a full-time controller. The position is based in LSA's Headquarters in Montgomery, Alabama. The ideal candidate will have the ability to direct and supervise all activities of the accounting department to include: managing the accounting staff, preparation of budgets and financial reports, review and approve weekly accounts receivable and payable, bi-weekly payroll, bank reconciliations, journal entries, budget forecast, internal controls, audits and monthly reporting. The controller will report directly to the Executive Director, and provide reports to the LSA Board of Directors.
Salary: $50,000 +DOE Excellent benefits
Job Type: Full time
• Education : Degree in Accounting, Business or Finance
• Experience : 5+ years of progressive accounting experience
• Management experience in mid-sized organization
• Knowledge of general accepted accounting principles and financial systems
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
• Proficient in accounting software
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com
Application Deadline: Open until filled. No telephone calls or faxes
Legal Services Alabama , Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Program and Employer and persons seeking employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, age or any other consideration prohibited by law.