Legal Services of New Jersey, an Edison-based non-profit legal assistance organization seeks a Controller with experience in the nonprofit industry to plan, direct, and coordinate all accounting operational functions, reporting systems and grant administration (internal and statewide), ensuring compliance with accounting standards, regulatory requirements including sub-recipient monitoring.
LSNJ offers a positive workplace among colleagues who enjoy and are passionate about their work and the mission of LSNJ. We encourage a supportive, team work environment, with work-life balance. Benefits include comprehensive health and generous retirement plan.
• Protection of organization assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls. Maintaining and updating accounting procedures and manuals
• Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures
• Coordinate and prepare internal and external financial statements, management and grant reports.
• Budgeting for the organization as well as individual grants
• Cash Flow Analysis and monitoring
• Oversee regulatory reporting including IRS and NJ State annual information returns
• Supervise accounting staff
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
Candidate must have Single Audit preparation experience and a thorough understanding of the Federal Uniform Guidance. Must have strong knowledge of nonprofit revenue recognition interpretations and applications. The ideal candidate should have knowledge of all aspects of US generally accepted accounting principles and will oversee the entire financial department
- BS degree in accounting (Masters Preferred)
- CPA license, 7+ years in accounting field with experience in nonprofits (single audit preparation and relevant nonprofit revenue recognition)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, work independently as well as part of a team.
- Excellent time management, planning and organization skills
- Ability to work with competing priorities under tight deadlines
- Previous supervisory experience
- Advanced Excel skills and solid data management skills including MIP accounting software and payroll data processing experience preferred.
Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE