The Compliance Administrator works under the supervision of the Executive Director and in coordination with attorneys and other employees to support the day to day functions of the firm. This is an exempt position.
· Work with Executive Director, Directors and supervising attorneys to organize workload, and set timelines and deadlines in order to complete federal and other grant applications, and handle other administrative matters.
· Gather and compile data from Legal Server case management system and staff in order to complete various grant reports.
· Plan, provide trainings, and advise staff on Legal Service Corporation’s (LSC) regulations to ensure that the firm meets programmatic compliance with LSC requirements.
· Assist management with preparation for monitoring visits by program funders.
· Assist Executive Director with preparing agenda and materials for the Board of Directors meetings.
· Keep minutes for meetings of the Board of Directors.
· Handle outside inquiries concerning CCLA.
· Maintain all corporate records and documents.
· Assist auditors by providing reports and materials as requested.
· Serve as a Site Administrator for the firm’s Legal Server case management system.
· Maintain user accounts for CCLA staff with various legal resources.
· Other administrative duties such as completing various insurance applications, making travel arrangements and registrations for trainings and meetings for staff, bar dues, posting open positions, serving as backup on Intake.
· Other responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director and other Directors.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Ability to prioritize the work and handle multiple responsibilities.
- Strict adherence to confidentiality.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to set and adhere to strict timelines and deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, as well as collaborate effectively as part of a team in a diverse workplace.
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent communication, writing and phone skills.
- Experience with legal case management system or similar; experience with Legal Server is considered an advantage.
- Technology skills in platforms such as Microsoft Office, Teams, Zoom, and Adobe PDF.
- Prior experience working with legal aid services/aid organization, LSC, non-profit or government setting helpful.
Submissions: Submit a cover letter and resume to CCLAemployment@legalaid.org with Compliance Administrator.