Pennsylvania Legal Aid Network, Inc. (PLAN) is seeking a full-time communications officer to lead the communications activities of the organization and its advocacy efforts, including building a strong statewide identity for civil legal aid and the PLAN network of civil legal aid programs. The communications officer also supports the communications professionals in PLAN grantee organizations and facilitates coordinating activities. The communications officer reports to the executive director and works in close coordination with PLAN’s training and information facilitator. This is a new position within PLAN. For more details, please visit the following: https://palegalaid.net/jobs/communications-officer-pennsylvania-legal-aid-network-inc-harrisburg
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, preferably in public relations, marketing, journalism, or communications, with three to five years of experience in communications, marketing, political, and/or grassroots campaign experience preferred.
Additional Skills and Experience:
- A demonstrated commitment to achieving economic justice for low-income households and the ability to develop, lead, and collaborate on projects that seek to advance access to justice for lower income persons, victims of domestic violence, and other marginalized communities.
- Interest in the non-profit sector and issues that affect low-income people, and demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects/deadlines.
- Page layout and design skills; familiarity with relevant software and desktop publishing applications.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience using online communication platforms (e.g. Constant Contact, Vertical Response) and familiarity with website content management systems.
- Familiarity with data collection and analysis; excellent information management skills; experience in developing communications/media relations measurement plans and use of website analytics a plus.
- Experience working with media such as print, radio, TV, and web-based communications outlets.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment; excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with diverse organizations and constituencies.
To apply, please send a letter of interest and resume by email to:
Patrick Cicero, Esquire
Pennsylvania Legal Aid Network, Inc.
118 Locust Street
Harrisburg, PA 17101