Texas Legal Services Center’s (TLSC) Communications Manager will bring enthusiasm and commitment to TLSC’s mission and values.
The Communications Manager will oversee and implement TLSC’s branding, messaging, outreach, press relations, and digital presence.
The incumbent in this position is expected to demonstrate a passion and commitment to serving underserved communities throughout the state as well as comply with all regulations, grant requirements, and internal operating and personnel policies.
This is a grant funded position.
- Ensure TLSC’s branding remains consistent and up-to-date across all platforms, including tlsc.org, TexasLawHelp.org, printed materials, social media, and other applicable platforms.
- Work collaboratively to produce a variety of outreach materials representing TLSC programs and services – both printed and online. Place print orders, as needed.
- Coordinate and execute outreach campaigns to educate the public about TLSC’s no-cost services to low-income Texans.
- Collect data and use institutional databases, public access sites, and market research questionnaires to implement effective marketing.
- Update and maintain tlsc.org using Wix Website Builder.
- Update and maintain TLSC’s social media accounts, including Facebook and Twitter.
- Write and produce a quarterly newsletter using MailChimp marketing automation platform.
- Represent TLSC to external stakeholders such as funders, donors, press members, and the general public in a professional and knowledgeable manner.
- Ensure staff members have the information and tools needed to represent TLSC holistically to external stakeholders.
- Promptly provide all information needed/requested for TLSC reporting.
- Perform other duties as assigned..
- Occasionally produce press conferences, write press releases, and conduct outreach to the press.
- Minimal travel may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, branding, design, journalism, or similar major.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in the marketing field.
Knowledge / Skills (Required)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Basic working knowledge of WordPress, Wix, and/or Drupal platform(s).
- Exceptional verbal, listening, and written communications skills.
- High-level organization, project management and problem-solving skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal, diplomacy, and collaboration skills.
- Ability to communicate with clients in a patient, trauma-informed, and non-judgmental manner.
- Ability to travel to locations outside of the Austin area.
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and/or Illustrator, MailChimp, 123FormBuilder, PowerPoint (Advanced)
- Sedentary work that involves sitting most of the time.
- Occasional bending, squatting, and kneeling.
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and a negligible amount of force as needed, at times to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
*This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.