Communications Associate (PT)
The New Hampshire Campaign for Legal Services and New Hampshire Legal Assistance seek a part time Communications Associate to execute marketing strategies, communications and public relations efforts for the Campaign and NHLA to increase statewide visibility and private financial support.
The ideal candidate will be committed to our mission providing civil legal services to low-income and older people in New Hampshire. The Communications Associate will work under the direction of the Campaign for Legal Services Director in our Concord, NH office. Some travel within New Hampshire and availability to work occasional evening and weekend events required.
NHLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a diverse staff that reflects the low-income and older people NHLA works alongside, and we value equity and inclusion in our workplace. We are actively seeking applications from people of color, the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities, older adults, veterans, people who have lived experience with poverty, and other people belonging to communities that experience injustice.
Salary/Benefits: This part-time (approximately 20 hours per week) position pays an hourly range of $21.90 to $23.14 based on experience. NHLA offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement and life and disability insurance and generous paid time off. NHLA’s benefits are available to part-time employees on a pro-rated basis.
- Refine and execute a communications plan including maintaining an ongoing multi-channel social media calendar, and producing infographics, talking points, press releases, and blog posts.
- Collaborate with staff to engage current and former clients in communications work for diverse audiences, including donors, state legislators and community partners.
- Assist with implementation of special events including large-scale annual events and donor cultivation receptions.
- A Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of experience in marketing, public relations, media, or corporate communications; or at least 4 years of experience in marketing, public relations, media, or corporate communications.
- Demonstrated and measurable successful experience with social media.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills applicable to a variety of constituent groups.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently while coordinating several assignments simultaneously.
- Experience managing design and production of print and online materials.
- Proficiency in Office 365 and willingness to learn new technologies.
How to apply: Send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. You are welcome to include your preferred pronouns, the correct pronunciation of your name, and any other information that will help us communicate with you effectively.
About NHLA: NHLA is a statewide civil legal aid organization that helps low-income families and individuals prevent homelessness, protect their personal safety, and preserve their basic income.
About the Campaign: NH CLS is a private fundraising initiative to support New Hampshire’s civil, non-criminal legal aid programs, including NHLA.