Client Services Specialist
Client Services Specialists are the initial point of contact for all new clients of Gulfcoast Legal Services. The client services specialist meets with new or prospective clients, asks a series of questions for the purpose of compiling data, and then uses this data to determine the best next course of action for that client. They are often the first GLS team member whom prospective, new, and current clients meet when entering the agency and provide exceptional customer service. This is a professional position under the supervision of the Chief Advocacy Officer.
- Efficiently and accurately complete intake questionnaires, open file, and transfer to appropriate unit(s) for follow-up; ensure completion of intake forms, following up with clients for additional information as necessary.
- Provide efficient and trauma-informed communications to prospective, new, and current clients of GLS.
- Determine client eligibility in accordance with funding criteria and conflict checks.
- Refer ineligible applicants to other sources of assistance and give appropriate information as instructed; process referrals to other legal services providers through appropriate channels.
- Process paperwork for new clients efficiently and in accordance with GLS policies.
- Obtain pertinent information from clients by asking them to complete surveys or interviews courteously and professionally.
- Answers and screens inquiry call and emails from prospective clients.
- Respect client or patient dignity and confidentiality.
- Attend outreach events at partner agencies as requested to provide on-site client services.
- Assist with training new screeners as requested.
BASIC STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE:
- Satisfactory attendance and punctuality.
- Adherence to company confidentiality practices at all times.
- Compliance with all Gulfcoast Legal Services policies and procedures.
- Familiarity with and adherence to the company mission.
- Satisfactory completion of duties and responsibilities of the position as required by management and supervision.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- A commitment to the provision of high-quality legal services and underserved populations.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, required.
- Ability to deal professionally, courteously and efficiently with people.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work on various projects with competing priorities.
- Must be able to maximize existing resources effectively and efficiently.
- Must be able to maintain professional demeanor while working with the public.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to forge positive relationships with prospects, colleagues, and the community.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and CMS.
- Must be able to maintain positive working relationships while under pressure.
- Reliable transportation required.
Gulfcoast Legal Services is an equal opportunity employer. We offer generous paid time off, an excellent benefits package, 2% retirement match after 1 year of employment, flexible schedules, paid holidays and professional development assistance. Salary: $15.50 to $20.00 /hour depending on experience. Candidate must complete an application and pass a background screening before employment can begin. GLS is a non-profit agency and relies on grant funding. Continued employment is contingent upon grant funding.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Typing skills of 50 WPM and the ability to enter data into computer.
- At least five years’ customer service experience preferred.
- Ability to work on various projects with different priorities.
- Ability to work overtime when required.
- Ability to lift and/or carry office supplies, equipment, files, etc. up to 10 pounds.
Interested applicants can send resumes to:
Fiscal & Human Resources Manager