Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, a non-profit, public interest law firm is seeking a Staff Attorney for its Children’s Attorneys Project (CAP). Candidate will assist with community outreach and direct representation to abused and neglected children currently in foster care.
Prefer a minimum of two years litigation experience in public interest law, with an emphasis in family law. Excellent legal writing and communication skills a must. Prefer bi-lingual candidate, English/Spanish, but not required. Qualified candidates must possess an active/good standing Bar License from any United States jurisdiction. Salary depends upon experience.
Additional qualities desired:
- Is able to understand the lives and struggles confronting low-income and vulnerable people in our community
- Enjoys providing legal information to someone who might need extra patience understanding their legal issue
- An empathetic communicator with a positive attitude
- Enjoys being a part of a great team of caring individuals
- Loves challenges, dislikes being bored, and believes drama and gossip belong at the movies or at brunch, not at work.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE
Please email or mail cover letter, resume and a brief writing sample to:
Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada
c/o HR & Recruiting
725 E. Charleston Blvd
Las Vegas, Nevada 89104
Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada is an ADA/Equal Opportunity Employer