Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, a non-profit, public interest law firm is seeking a Staff Attorney for its Children’s Attorneys Project (CAP). Candidate will assist with community outreach and direct representation to abused and neglected children currently in foster care. Prefer a minimum of two years litigation experience in public interest law, with an emphasis in family law. Excellent legal writing and communication skills a must. Prefer bi-lingual candidate, English/Spanish, but not required.
Qualified candidates must possess an active/good standing Bar License from any United States jurisdiction.
Salary depends upon experience.
Additional qualities desired:
• Is able to understand the lives and struggles confronting low-income and vulnerable people in our community
• Enjoys providing legal information to someone who might need extra patience understanding their legal issue
• An empathetic communicator with a positive attitude
• Enjoys being a part of a great team of caring individuals
• Loves challenges, dislikes being bored, and believes drama and gossip belong at the movies or at brunch, not at work.
Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada offers a benefit package, such as 100% employer paid health, dental, vision and life insurance for employees and their dependents, paid vacation/sick time, and company matched 403b plan, among other benefits. Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada conducts a background review on employees. Please visit www.lacsn.org for more information about our organization and select careers for current opportunities. Follow us on Twitter.com/LegalAidSNV, Facebook and YouTube.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE
Please email cover letter, resume and a brief writing sample to: Terry R. Bratton, Chief Financial Director Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada 725 E. Charleston Blvd. Las Vegas, Nevada 89104 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada is an ADA/Equal Opportunity Employer
Deadline: Open until filled