Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, a non-profit, public interest law firm is seeking a Staff Attorney for its Children’s Attorneys Project (CAP). Candidate will assist with community outreach and direct representation to abused and neglected children currently in foster care.
Prefer a minimum of two years litigation experience in public interest law, with an emphasis in family law. Excellent legal writing and communication skills a must. Prefer bi-lingual candidate, English/Spanish, but not required. Qualified candidates must possess an active/good standing Bar License from any United States jurisdiction. Salary depends upon experience.
Additional qualities desired:
- Is able to understand the lives and struggles confronting low-income and vulnerable people in our community
- Enjoys providing legal information to someone who might need extra patience understanding their legal issue
- An empathetic communicator with a positive attitude
- Enjoys being a part of a great team of caring individuals
- Loves challenges, dislikes being bored, and believes drama and gossip belong at the movies or at brunch, not at work.
Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada offers a benefit package, including health, dental, vision and life insurance for employees and their dependents, PTO and company matched 403b plan, among other benefits. Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada conducts a background review on employees.
Please visit www.lacsn.org for more information about our organization and select careers for current opportunities. Follow us on Twitter.com/LegalAidSNV, Facebook and YouTube.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE
Please email cover letter, resume and a brief writing sample to:
Human Resources Department
Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada
725 E. Charleston Blvd.
Las Vegas, Nevada 89104
Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada is an ADA/Equal Opportunity Employer
Deadline: Open until filled