Chief Financial Officer
Three Rivers Legal Services
Chief Financial Officer
Gainesville Administration Office
Three Rivers Legal Services is seeking a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) with proven expertise in accounting and finance. The CFO will oversee all fiscal aspects of program management including budgeting, accounting, cost analysis, cost management, financial reporting, revenue forecasting, and purchasing. The CFO produces timely and accurate financial reports to the Executive Director, management team, and the Board of Directors. The CFO manages the accounting staff.
Essential Job Functions:
- Implement and monitor fiscal processes, policies, and procedures under the supervision of the Executive Director.
- Provide oversight for all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems, ensuring compliance with appropriate generally accepted accounting principles, regulatory requirements and funder requirements.
- Remain current on developments in accounting standards, best practices, and other rules and regulations concerning the program budget.
- Works with the Executive Director and the TRLS Board of Director’s Finance Committee to project and prepare the annual operating budget for Board approval. Presents periodic budget reports at each Board of Directors meeting.
- Prepares budget reports for all funding sources. Submits required reports and amendments to budget for all funding sources.
- Prepares payroll worksheet from employee timesheets.
- Works with HR Director to coordinate employee benefits affecting payroll, such as health insurance, leave, retirement benefits, etc.
- Coordinates annual audit and prepares all tax and regulatory agency filings. Serves as the liaison to an independent auditor during annual audit.
- Degree in Business Administration or a related field or have six (6) years of relevant work experience with comparable responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate and implement financial strategies to meet organizational priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including experience working with accounting and financial software.
- Experience with non-profit accounting, preferred.
- Experience in working with diverse revenue sources, including local, state, and federal grants, gifts, private foundations, and corporate and individual donors is a plus.
- Collaborative and ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
Compensation: Salary DOE. Full benefits package including health insurance, generous paid time off, short term disability, life insurance, and a 5% employer contribution to a 403(b) after 2 years of service.
Submit cover letter, resume and three professional references online at https://form.jotform.com/223074770344151 by November 30, 2022.
***EOE and ADA compliant. Three Rivers Legal Services, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or veteran status.***
TRLS invites all applicants to include in their cover letter a statement about how their unique background and/or experiences might contribute to our staff's diversity, cultural vitality, and perspective, and practice.