Bilingual Rent Relief Navigator/Community Educator (Falls Church)
Legal Aid Justice Center seeks a full-time team player willing to join our housing team and begin helping tenants in the pandemic Rent Relief Program. Job duties include answering questions and enrolling eligible people in the Rent Relief Program, advocating for tenants with their landlords and the state Housing department, and connecting tenants with other resources as needed. This position in our Falls Church office, which interacts with a largely Spanish-speaking immigrant population. We expect the position to entail a significant outreach and education component to inform local communities regarding available assistance and assisting individuals in accessing and retaining benefits to which they are entitled. All LAJC positions will work remotely through at least July 31, 2021, but a small amount of in-person work (with appropriate health precautions) will be necessary in order to collect and scan documents.
- Engaging in outreach and education around rental assistance, renter’s rights, and other benefits or assistance for folks experiencing economic hardship
- Enrolling eligible individuals in rent relief
- Working with our team of attorneys and organizers to build strength, support, and trust in local client communities
- Strong commitment to social, economic, and racial justice
- A high level of professionalism and outstanding interpersonal communication skills
- Tenacity and attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively both independently and collaboratively
- Access to reliable transportation
- Fluency in Spanish
- Demonstrated experience working with individuals and/or communities directly impacted by economic and racial injustice
- Demonstrated experience helping others navigate government services: filling out forms, educating on rights, etc.
- Economic, social, and/or cultural experiences relevant to the populations most directly impacted by poverty
Email a cover letter and resume to Brenda Castaneda at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re able, please submit your application as a single PDF titled “[date submitted in yyyy.mm.dd format][last name][first name][position sought].” Please include "Falls Church - Bilingual Rent Relief Navigator/Community Educator” in the email subject.
Salary range is $44,800-$67,200 based on years of relevant experience and LAJC’s formal salary scale.
- Generous leave
- Excellent family health, dental, and optical insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Personal professional development budget
The Legal Aid Justice Center is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We strongly encourage candidates of all identities, experiences, and communities to apply. The Legal Aid Justice Center is committed to strengthening the voices of our low-income clients, working in collaboration with community partners, and rooting out the inequities that keep people in poverty. We strive to take on the issues that have broad impact on our client communities and to be responsive to client input. Recognizing the particular impact of racism on our clients and staff, we devote special attention to dismantling racial injustice. All applicants must be dedicated to working in and sustaining an environment that enables staff and clients to feel empowered, valued, respected, and safe. In reviewing applications, we look for evidence that applicants have experience and/or thoughtfulness in working with traditionally marginalized populations.