Attorney (Consumer Law Project)
Nevada Legal Services (NLS) strengthens communities across Nevada by ensuring fairness and providing equal access to justice. We are a non-profit legal aid organization providing free legal services to low-income individuals and families in every county in Nevada. Our primary source of funding is through a grant from the federal Legal Services Corporation, although we receive funding from a variety of grant funders as well as private donors.
Nevada Legal Services has an opening for an attorney to join our Consumer Law Project assisting eligible pro bono clients with consumer matters, including debt collection, bankruptcy, predatory contracts, security deposit disputes, and foreclosure.
We provide generous paid time off and employer-paid medical insurance, as well as dental, vision, life insurance, and retirement plan. The salary for the position is $70,000.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Please provide cover letter explaining interest, resume, 3 references, and writing sample to email@example.com, referencing “Staff Attorney – Consumer Law Project” in the subject line.
• Applicants must be licensed to practice in Nevada, or licensed in another U.S. jurisdiction and eligible for admission pursuant to Supreme Court Rule 49.1(1)(c).
• J.D. from ABA accredited law school.
• Applicants must have an interest and passion for helping low-income Nevadans.
• Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team.
• Ability to work independently, handle changes or unexpected events, and establish cordial working relationships with courts and administrative personnel, co-workers, service providers, and clients.
• Excellent oral and written advocacy, analytical and organizational skills.
• Capability to work with low-income clients from diverse backgrounds, including clients with physical and mental disabilities and clients with limited English proficiency.
• Follow all requirements of the Nevada Legal Services Personnel and Case Management Manuals regarding timely completion of timesheets, mileage reimbursements, and other administratively required documents as well as maintaining cases in accordance with our case handling standards.
• Travel to various locations in Nevada as needed to appear in court, complete case-related tasks, meet with clients, or conduct community outreach and education.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Provide cover letter explaining interest, resume, 3 references, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org, and reference “Staff Attorney – Consumer Law Project” in the subject line.