Attorney for the Child
The Legal Aid Society of Rochester, NY, is seeking a qualified attorney to provide legal representation to minors in Monroe County. This position will work with Family Court, including juvenile delinquency, PINS, abuse/neglect, foster care placement, and custody/visitation cases. The attorney will have the opportunity to be part of a team of professionals who have dedicated themselves to the mission of LAS, which is the provision of high quality civil legal services to low and moderate-income litigants. Services include direct representation, legal counseling, community outreach, education, and training.
LASROC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- Must possess a Juris Doctor.
- Admission to the New York State Bar required but will accept applicants who have passed the Bar and waiting for Bar Admission.
- The ideal candidate will possess a high level of organization and independence, legal research skills, strong negotiating ability, ability to think and speak quickly and accurately.
- Excellent writing skills, respect, and consideration for clients and demonstrate the ability to work effectively with others in a team.
- Reliable transportation required.
Please send the following information to be considered:
- Cover Letter
- Professional References
- Writing Sample (send to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Unofficial Transcripts (if admitted under two years) (send to email@example.com)
Send the following information to:
Human Resources, The Legal Aid Society of Rochester, NY, 1 West Main Street, Rochester, NY 14614.