Associate Director of Training
Land of Lincoln Legal Aid seeks an Associate Director of Training for its Administrative Office. Land of Lincoln Legal Aid provides free civil legal services to low-income individuals in 65 counties in Illinois. We are committed to providing justice for those whose voices might otherwise not be heard; to empower individuals to advocate for themselves; and to make positive changes in the communities we serve.
Land of Lincoln seeks a dynamic individual to serve as the primary trainer and training facilitator for its law firm. Land of Lincoln has five regional offices, four satellite offices, and a hotline and a staff of 130+ attorneys, case workers, and support staff. It receives state, federal, foundation, and private funding. Its staff works with community organizations, social service agencies, and faith-based groups to deliver holistic legal services. The Associate Director of Training will work with the Deputy Director for Program Operations and Director of Litigation and Advocacy.
- Oversee orientation and training of new staff
- Develop annual training plans and manage training budget
- Design, plan and organize program-wide and cohort trainings
- Assess individual and program-wide training needs
Compensation: $86,000+ with license (depending on experience). Excellent insurance and retirement benefits; excellent leave benefits. Land of Lincoln is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit and is an eligible employer for the public service loan forgiveness program.
Land of Lincoln is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, LBGTQIA+, and gender non-conforming applicants.
- Admission to Illinois Bar or eligible for reciprocity
- Minimum of seven (7) years legal experience, legal aid experience a plus
- Experience developing, conducting and evaluating trainings for legal professionals and others
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and leadership skills
- Excellent verbal, analytical, writing, and organization skills
- Highly motivated and demonstrably able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Commitment to social and racial justice
- Computer proficiency required
Special Working Conditions and Demands:
- Applicants must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and car insurance
- Applicants must have reliable home internet capable of supporting video conferencing
Please send a cover letter and resume to Clarissa Gaff, Executive Director, c/o: