Administrative & Billing Specialist
The Administrative & Billing Specialist is responsible for providing administrative and accounts receivable support to the administrative team.
Salary:$14- $17.50/hr depending on experience
- Ensure administrative office operates effectively and efficiently and is well organized.
- Support the administrative team in all day-to-day activities including routine and advanced administrative tasks.
- Schedule, coordinate and support meetings and other events.
- Create and maintain data using a variety of tools, including spreadsheets and database management systems.
- Organize and maintain electronic and paper files.
- Scan and upload payroll documents and travel reimbursement requests.
- Type and design general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, agendas, minutes. Proofread copy for spelling, grammar, and layout, making appropriate changes.
- Work on complex assignments where independent action and a high degree of initiative are required.
- Prepare and submit monthly and quarterly invoices for grant reimbursement.
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly, and annual financial and/or programmatic reports for grant compliance.
- Process donations (including acknowledgements and other donor correspondence) and other accounts receivable, interfacing with the development and finance departments.
- Assist the Grants & Resource Development Manager with events, as necessary.
- Maintain inventory of and order supplies and office equipment.
- Process purchases, expense reports and invoices.
- Arrange file purges/shredding, coordinate internal office moves, and arrange office meetings, including Board meetings.
- Assist the Compliance and Information Services Manager in compliance reviews.
- Participates as needed in special department projects.
- Perform other duties assigned.
BASIC STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE:
- Satisfactory attendance and punctuality.
- Compliance with all Gulfcoast Legal Services policies and procedures.
- Familiarity with and adherence to the organization’s mission.
- Satisfactory completion of primary and secondary duties and responsibilities of the position as required by management and supervision.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of basic office procedures, including data entry.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written required.
- Ability to deal professionally, courteously and efficiently with people.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; exhibit independent judgment in the implementation of plans, procedures and policies
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of grant administration and billing, contract administration and negotiations, community organization, fiscal and organizational management, principles and practices of marketing and public relations.
- Ability to plan, direct and coordinate activities; negotiate and administer contracts; work with commercial vendors, government agencies, community groups and other organizations as necessary; communicate effectively in both written and oral forms; etc.
- Ability to work independently.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Two years’ experience in a position with similar responsibilities preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral form.
- Working knowledge of mail processes such as postage machine, Federal Express and UPS.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work on various projects with different priorities.
- Ability to work overtime when required.
- Ability to lift and/or carry office supplies, equipment, files, etc. up to 25 lbs. when required.
To apply please send your resume to:
Fiscal & HR Coordinator