(5 hours/day, 25 hours/week)
Hybrid (part office/part remote)
Disability Rights Connecticut (DRCT) is the state’s Protection and Advocacy system, charged with protecting the rights of individuals with disabilities and keeping them free from abuse and neglect. Employing a variety of means, our advocates and attorneys use systems advocacy and some individual advocacy to achieve positive changes in the lives of people with disabilities and their families. We are seeking employees who value this work.
At DRCT we recognize the intersectional nature of inequity and oppression experienced by people with disabilities from underprivileged and underserved communities. We strive to create a welcoming and inclusive environment at DRCT. We work to address disability-related injustices specifically at the intersections of disability and race, disability and gender, disability, and gender-based violence, and more. DRCT is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative, clerical, and limited technical support to the Executive Director, the Executive Deputy Director, and the Director of Finance and Administration. This position requires someone who is self-directed, versatile, adaptable to changes in priorities, independent but very much a team player on the administrative team.
- Process incoming mail
- Print and mail correspondence
- Maintain office postage supply
- Maintain office supply inventory
- Maintain copiers; troubleshoot copier problems
- Schedule calendar
- Organize files
- Assist with mass mailings
- Proofread and format documents
- Maintain DRCT publications, provide packs for events, trainings, etc.; assist with publication updates and protocol for staff to request and return publications; track publications distributed
- Assist with website updates and social media postings.
- Provide administrative support to the hiring process
- Assist with accounts payable and vendor correspondence
- Assist with telephone system administration maintenance
- Assist with office IT support
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalency with at least 4 years administrative support experience; or comparable combination of experience through accredited college and/or prior work experience
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity, the rights of people with disabilities, and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment
- Ability to toggle between competing priorities
- Detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organization skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner.
- Proficient knowledge of Office 365 applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Adobe.
This position description serves as a general summary and overview of the major duties and responsibilities of the job. It is not intended to represent the entirety of the job nor is it intended to be all-inclusive. Management reserves the right to modify, or rescind, this position description at any time, with or without prior notice.
Applications must include: (a) a letter expressing your interest in the position; (b) a current resume; and (c) names and contact information of three references.
Materials should be submitted in Microsoft Word or PDF format. Applications must be emailed to Darby Castigliego at: email@example.com.