Accounting Manager (with CPA)
The purpose of this position is to oversee the work of accountants, review financial statements, and prepare reports for senior management. The Accounting Manager’s job also includes duties related to compliance with relevant laws and regulations. The Accounting Manager will implement internal accounting policies and procedures, while supervising key accounting functions.
The Accounting Manager is under the supervision of the Chief Financial Officer.
- Manages a team of accounting professionals.
- Oversees the timekeeping and payroll processing functions.
- Manage the monthly closing process including allocations, accruals, and revenue recognition entries.
- Prepare and maintain documentation for audit purposes.
- Coordinates and provides supporting documentation for annual audits.
- Monitors and analyzes accounting data.
- Produces financial reports and statements.
- Establishes and enforces proper accounting methods, policies, principles, and other best practices.
- Provides recommendations for improvement in process and procedures.
- Initiates corrective actions to improve systems and procedures.
- Assign projects and direct staff to ensure compliance and accuracy.
- Meets financial accounting objectives.
- Must ensure the completion of financials for closing transaction for the month, quarters, and year.
- Effectively communicates financial information to employees, shareholders, and other approved parties.
- Must accurately track and record financial transactions, using a keen eye for detail to find and correct discrepancies.
- Track and prioritize ongoing projects and tasks.
- Track revenue and expenses,
- Develop action plans, audit operations, and propose efficiency improvements.
- Recommend forecasting requirements.
- Establish internal controls and guidelines for preparing transactions that comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Frequently collaborates with other team members, department heads, and vendors.
- CPA certified with 2-5 years’ experience.
- Mathematically proficient.
- Organizational and time management skills
- Appreciation of the importance of the legal system, commitment to the mission of FRLS and compassion for the clients.
- Ability to forge positive relationships with prospects, colleagues, and community.
- Good organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Must be able to maximize the use of existing resources efficiently and effectively.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Legal Service software.
- Working knowledge of Abila and Paylocity accounting and payroll systems
- Must be able to effectively communicate with peers, supervisors, clients, and the public.
- Must be able to effectively work in high-pressure situations which involve deadlines.
This position operates in a professional work environment.
Program-wide travel may be required for meetings, training, mentoring and court observation with approval from the Deputy Director.
- Annual priority setting report.
- Monthly progress reports.
- Grant Reporting and Compliance Reports
Accounting Staff, Bookkeeper
Florida Rural Legal Services, Inc., does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other characteristic protected by federal, state of local law.