The Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles (LAFLA) is the frontline law firm for low-income people in Los Angeles and is currently accepting applications for the position of Accounting Clerk. LAFLA seeks to achieve equal justice for poor and low-income people in greater Los Angeles. We change lives through direct representation, systems change, and community education.
The Organization: LAFLA (www.LAFLA.org) is a nonprofit law firm that protects and advances the rights of the most underserved – leveling the playing field and ensuring that everyone can have access to the justice system. Every year, LAFLA helps more than 100,000 people in civil legal matters by providing direct legal representation and other legal assistance for low-income people across the Greater Los Angeles region. Our unique combination of neighborhood offices, self-help centers at courthouses, and domestic violence clinics puts LAFLA on the frontlines in communities at the forefront of change. LAFLA has over 100 employees with over 70 attorneys. LAFLA operates five neighborhood offices and several off-site locations. For more information, please visit www.lafla.org
- Knowledge of fund accounting and experience with Abila MIP-fund accounting software;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Word;
- Strong accounting, computer and organizational skills;
- Strong initiative, problem solving skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Prepares and enters all invoices, vendor updates or additions, manual check payments, void checks and corrections into the current payables processing system, in order to produce an accurate set of payments and reports in a timely manner;
- Creates and maintains all files and records;
- Balances at month end the outstanding invoice file with the outstanding payable report;
- Balances accounts payable general ledger;
- Prepares payables aging report;
- Ensures timely invoice posting and codes all invoices for payment;
- Disburses all payable checks for signatures;
- Prepare general ledger account analyses as required;
- Assist in preparing budgets & reports to funders and with special projects and research as required;
- Perform other duties as assigned;
- Provide back up for payroll processing;
- Prepare benefits reconciliation schedule on a monthly basis including Cafeteria Plan reimbursements.
Please submit a cover letter and resume online to email@example.com. Include “Accounting Clerk” in the subject line.
Probationary Period: A six-month probationary period will be required.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination because of race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship, creed, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, age, religion, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, marital or registered domestic partners status, or any other legally protected status.