Financial Essentials Training
Recorded MIE Financial Essentials Training
Originally Held Virtually September 20 - 22, 2023
Legal aid organizations face unique challenges in the financial administration of their programs. Join virtual 2023 MIE Financial Essentials Training to learn how to address these challenges, improve efficiency, update processes, and prepare for the future.
Content is available for:
- financial professionals;
- Executive Directors and other leadership newer to the finance function;
- LSC organizations around the updated LSC Financial Guide and its implementation;
- training topics for non-LSC organizations.
Session topics include:
- Annual Budgeting: Developing an Inclusive Process
- Operational Excellence
- Best Practices in Cost Allocations
- Applying Equity to Financial Management
- Demystifying Operating Reserves
- Effectively Communicating Financial Information
- Updates to the LSC Financial Guide
- Preparing for an LSC Visit
- Finance Staff Recruitment, Retention, and Development
- Affiliated Organization Relationships
- …and more!
For leadership new to finance:
- How to Read Financial Statements
- All About the 990
- The Executive Director, Director of Finance, and Board of Directors Relationship
- Preparing for an Audit
Each registration fee covers one participant.
MIE Subscribers: $475
Click on the button at the top right to register.
*Please note: MIE uses PayPal as its credit card payment processor. PayPal has recently changed their interface to encourage checking out with a PayPal account, however it is still possible to check out as a guest and use your own credit card.*
Registration Information & Policies
Registration fees are non-refundable. MIE will provide a credit for the full amount of the registration fee, which may be used by any staff at your organization for any future MIE events (trainings, conferences, webinars) or MIE subscription payments. Credits provided for last-minute cancellations may be subject to deduction for unavoidable expenses. Credits do not expire. An event registration may be transferred to a colleague at the same program at no additional cost. In most cases, registration transfers may be made at any time prior to the start of an event. Please notify MIE of substitutions as soon as possible. If a registration transfer is not practicable, credit will be provided instead. Registrants who do not cancel before the start of an event will not be credited, however, they will receive access to the event recording and materials.
If you need assistance during the registration process, please contact Erica M. Szuplat, Administrative Assistant, MIE, at email@example.com.
For other questions, including accessibility accommodations, contact Jared Smith, Director of Programs, MIE, at firstname.lastname@example.org.