Remote Management in the Time of COVID-19 Webinar
Remote Management in the Time of COVID-19
MIE Presents a Webinar
Patricia Román Hass, Managing Attorney, Indiana Legal Services
Rick Rufolo, Executive Director, Georgia Legal Services
Eric Mittelstadt, Director of Programs at MIE, moderating
Thursday, May 28, 2020
2:00 – 3:30 PM EDT
Join us to hear lessons learned, and strategies to successfully address what’s coming next, as we continue to manage programs and staff remotely.
Topics to be covered:
- Communicating effectively with the community, staff and board
- Keeping staff and teams engaged while working remotely
- Policy considerations for short and long term COVID challenges
- Technology needed to accomplish remote work effectively
- Ethical considerations with remote work
- Supporting staff productivity
- Hiring, on boarding and training new staff and interns
- Moving staff back into offices
- The executive director of a legal aid organization;
- The legal, operations, communications, or HR director;
- A managing attorney, team leader, or supervisor of legal work and/or administrative staff;
- In another management or supervision position; or,
- A board member who wants to understand how to support your organization during this crisis?
If so, this webinar is for you!
Our speakers for this webinar are:
Patricia Román Hass is the Managing Attorney of the Merrillville office of Indiana Legal Services (ILS), where she leads a team of five staff attorneys and six support staff in providing free legal advice and representation in civil cases for eligible low-income Hoosiers throughout Lake, Porter, Jasper, and Newton counties. In addition, Román Hass is responsible for maintaining and establishing community partnerships that benefit specific client communities, such as the homeless, victims of domestic violence, senior citizens, immigrants, and members of the LGBT community. Román Hass previously worked as an attorney with the law firm of Reminger Co. and was a litigation attorney with Burke Costanza & Carberry LLP for several years. Prior to becoming an attorney, Román Hass, a native Spanish speaker, worked with ILS to provide legal services to Indiana’s migrant population.
After a successful 30-year career at United Parcel Service (UPS), Rick Rufolo is Executive Director at Georgia Legal Services Program (GLSP). GLSP provides free, legal assistance to Georgians in 154 counties. Rick leads GLSP’s 10 regional offices in Albany, Athens, Atlanta, Augusta, Brunswick, Columbus, Dalton, Gainesville, Macon and Savannah and joins a dedicated team of lawyers and legal professionals whose goal is to ensure that access to a legal process is guaranteed to all people throughout the state of Georgia, no matter their economic status or race. Rick comes to GLSP after serving as Vice President for the Labor, Employment and Litigation Practice Group at UPS. His team led complex global litigation cases across the company. He is extremely active in the community, and has served as Board Chair of the Truancy Intervention Project, Board Chair of the Boys & Girls Club of Fulton County, and board member of Atlanta Legal Aid Society. Rick also played an active role in the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, one of the leading organizations dedicated to creating a diverse legal profession.
Eric Mittelstadt is Director of Programs for MIE, mainly engaged in planning MIE’s slate of national conferences, supervision trainings and webinars. Eric is also Deputy Director at Utah Legal Services where he has worked since 1989. Eric is responsible for the program’s human resources, grant writing, training, compliance and leadership of many staff and projects.
Eugene R. King will facilitate this webinar. Gene is a career legal aid lawyer, manager, and trainer. He retired from the Ohio Poverty Law Center where he was the founding director. He now consults on training, staff development, executive recruitment and policy advocacy with legal aid programs and nonprofit advocacy groups.
MIE subscribers: $75
1. REGISTER with GoToWebinar by clicking on this link:
After registering, you will receive the confirmation email from GoToWebinar with the link to access the webinar.
2. PAY by credit card or check by clicking on the button at the top of this page that says: "Register with GoToWebinar Then Pay Here with MIE"
|MIE subscriber registration||$75.00|