Grant Writing Webinar
Grant Writing for the Rest of Us!
MIE presents a webinar with
Helen Meyer, Development Director, Pine Tree Legal Assistance, Inc.
Tamara Zavislan, Director of Development, Homeless Persons Representation Project
Thursday, April 4, 2019
2:00 – 3:30 PM EDT
Grant funding is of increasing importance to legal aid programs seeking to address their clients’ needs. While larger legal aid programs may have dedicated development staff, many legal aid programs rely on managers and staff to write and manage grants to fund important projects. MIE will present a 90-minute webinar on Thursday, April 4, 2019 from 2:00 – 3:30, for the rest of us who have caseloads, supervisory duties, and administrative or other responsibilities and are also asked to write grant proposals.
This webinar will address the skills, strategies and considerations for writing effective grant proposals to obtain foundation or local funding.
- A new legal aid grant writer?
- An attorney or administrator being asked to participate in grant writing?
- The director of a legal aid program that does not have a development director?
- Interested in finding funding to support new projects?
- Looking for a review of grant writing fundamentals?
If so, this webinar is for you!
It will teach you how to:
- Understand the nuts and bolts of the grant making process;
- Learn the lingo and pick up tips from the Pros;
- Know the 6 steps of the grant writing process
- Understand what funders want to fund and how to frame and format your request;
- Get a jump on your proposal with the 10 Questions to Answer Now;
- Plan your project and proposal effectively;
- Identify measurable outcomes based on your vision for change;
- Understand budget basics;
- Distinguish the differences between operating and project funding;
- Remember the Three C’s of Grant Writing – Clear, Concise, Compelling; and,
- Write persuasive grant proposals!
Helen’s work spans an array of fundraising activities including individual donor and major gift fundraising, planned giving, and grant writing. In addition to her development work, Helen also coordinates Pine Tree Legal Assistance’s communications and marketing efforts. She has presented at national conferences on topics related to fundraising and donor communications. Helen has a bachelor’s degree in English and Political Science from Saint Louis University and more than a decade of fundraising experience.
Tami joined HPRP in February 2016, as Director of Development. Prior to her work at HPRP, Tami served as the first Executive Director of the Community Foundation of Harford County in Bel Air, Maryland, growing the organization to more than 40 funds and $1,000,000 in assets under management. She has directed and managed community-based and national programs in Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Maryland. Tami is a member of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) and currently serves as immediate past president of the AFP Maryland Chapter. Tami graduated from Elizabethtown College (B.S., Music Therapy) and later earned a Masters in Management in Business Administration from Penn State University.
Eugene R. King is a career legal aid lawyer, manager, and trainer. He retired from the Ohio Poverty Law Center where he was the founding director. He now consults on training, staff development, executive recruitment and policy advocacy with legal aid programs and nonprofit advocacy groups. He can be reached at Gene will facilitate this webinar.
$75 for MIE subscribers
$100 for non-subscribers
With your registration for this webinar, you may gather multiple staff to view the presentation around one computer. Multiple computers and/or multiple offices require separate individual registrations.
1. REGISTER by clicking on this link:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email from GotoWebinar that contains the link to access the webinar.
2. PAY by credit card or check:
Click on the button at the top of this page that says "Register with GotoWebinar Then Pay Here with MIE."
For any questions, contact:
MIE Director of Programs
|MIE subscriber registration||$ 75.00|
|Non-subscriber registration||$ 100.00|