MIE Journal - Current Issue
The MIE Journal is the premiere publication for managers in the legal aid community. It serves as a forum for the legal services community.
Each quarterly issue of the Journal includes a variety of articles, from practical and specific to philosophical and sweeping, including:
- Thoughtful presentations on the meaning of legal aid advocacy, as well as the frameworks colleagues have created which help them remain passionate and energetic
- Introductions of the members and leaders of our community to each other
- Practical and concrete ideas about the daily operations of our programs: an exchange of suggestions and best practices about "management," in the most literal and nitty-gritty sense
- Vigorous debate about particular issues or general trends in the ever-changing legal services world
- For each issue, a theme that we explore through a combination of conceptual articles and a collection of shorter more specific notes
The Spring 2015 issue of the MIE Journal is now available. To the left you will see its table of contents. This issue’s special feature is “Analyze This — How Mining Big Data Can Make a Big Difference.” Click on the image to see some sample articles.
If you are a subscriber to MIE’s services, click here to go to the MIE Library to access the full online electronic issue of the most recent Journal in pdf format. In the Library, you may also access previous issues of the Journal in their entirety and as individual articles and special features. While in the Library, you may search for topics of interest. For a list of MIE Journal special features published in the Journal over time click here.
If you would like to write for the MIE Journal, click here.